Easy Ways to Use URC Total Control
URC Total Control is a system that easily provides comfort, convenience, and security within your home. You can completely control lighting, entertainment, indoor climate, and more from a remote control. Instead of several remotes for different functions, a URC Total Control system with remotes consolidates all your home controls into one. You can use one-button commands created with macros to switch on and control entire systems.
Features of URC Total Control
The URC Total Control features different user interfaces that integrate your system with your household functions.
- Handheld remote. The remotes for these advanced systems usually have swipeable touchscreens, in addition to control buttons. Sometimes these touchscreens mimic the operation of those on smartphones and tablets.
- Touchscreens – This interface adds greater flexibility. The LCD screen offers customizable button layouts and icons. You determine the controls you need to see.
- Apps – Use a smart phone or tablet to access features from anywhere. The apps consolidate control functions with macros for one touch activation.
- Keypads – These in-wall units offer centralized control of your home’s functions. They come with hard buttons or may have a color touchscreen. The unobtrusive keypad offers a slick look that easily and beautifully integrates with your home’s décor.
What can you control?
The various user interfaces offer different ways to control and automate functions. You have the option to control systems whether on the go or right within your home. Here are some examples of how you can automate the home.
- Home Theater Components – You have the ability to control every component in your home theater through your URC Total Control With loaded commands, turn the TV on or off, adjust stereo volume, start a DVD player, other basic functions and more all from the touch of a button.
- Lights – Turn lights on or off remotely or set them to a timer. Turn on exterior lights when there is movement or set mood lighting to give your home curb appeal. You save energy by dimming or controlling lights while you are away.
- Thermostats – Warm up your home in the morning without getting out of bed, or cool it down on a hot day. The system can be programmed with pre-set temperatures. It is also an energy-saver. You can remotely change temperature settings when you are away from home on vacation or any other extended period of time.
- Security Systems – URC Total Control helps protect your home against theft or fire. Alerts will keep you informed so you can get help immediately if something happens in the home. You can monitor any installed cameras to check on your home’s status at any time. Check on children and pets when away or in another part of the home.
Home automation adds convenience and allows you to run your home the way you want. Synergy Integrated Systems is a master dealer of URC Total Control and can help you find a URC Total Control system that meets your needs and fits your budget. Our professional installers are experts in home automation. We are available to help you determine the best way to integrate the functions in your home. Contact us today for more information on URC Total Control and to receive a free estimate.