April 25th, 2020
Over the past few months, many of us have truly realized how much our home is our sanctuary. A place of peace, rest and escape when the outside world seems a bit chaotic. Even if things beyond our doorways are beginning to reach some semblance of normalcy, our home is likely always where our heart remains. While we all strive to make it a safe and comfortable place, it’s also wise to make it a fun and entertaining space. Home theater installation is a fantastic way to achieve that goal.
Our team at Synergy Integrated Systems has been, and continues to be, ready to help you achieve that directive. Along with full-home automation, we also offer complete home theater setup. From start to finish, we provide high-quality audio and video equipment throughout your home. We carry only top-quality equipment and accessories, as described here. Our installation services include innovative design, detailed planning and expert custom home theater installation.
Theater Setup and Design
Now, more than ever, many of our clients desire an entertaining space to relax with their family. Since every family and their space is unique, it’s important to choose theater setup and design that fits your style and space the best. Whether you are remodeling an existing area or planning a room from scratch, professional home theater design from the beginning is critical.
With that in mind, consider some broad key elements of theater systems. We’ll break down each system in more detail in a bit.
- Space. The actual area that you have to work with helps to determine overall design. The shape and size of your theater room affects acoustics, equipment location and cable connections.
- Seating. Think about how many people you will typically entertain. Plus, determine what type of seating will help you relax the most.
- Sound. Much of the goal of a home theater involves audio that will surround you. Sound from every corner immerses you in the entire experience.
- Video. Obviously, video is a key element in your experience. TV mounting or screen installation is a focal point, literally and figuratively, of the entire process.
- Lighting. Often, clients don’t initially think about lighting when considering their home theater installation. We do. It’s imperative to get it right from the start so that you don’t have to think it about it when you are relaxing in the delight of your cinematic experience.
- Automation. This is another aspect that you shouldn’t have to think about as you sit back to relax. Remote control should be within easy reach and should control all systems seamlessly.
- Theme. Crucial to your cinematic experience, your theme is intrinsic to the design of your theatre. Choosing a theme helps all the other design elements fall into place.
- Ambiance. A home theater is so much more than just a media room. All of the factors above go into your overall ambiance, which solidifies the feel of your customized room.
Since all of these elements each have plentiful options, let’s break them down individually.
Making the Most of Your Room Space
As each home is unique, so is every room in it. Many clients ask about the best size for a home theater room. Ultimately, the dimensions should blend with existing areas in your home. Plus, you need proper spacing for the projector and screen you wish to use. Then, it’s important to consider seating and distance from the viewing area. Ultimately, overall size doesn’t matter as much as creating suitable acoustics. For instance, the shape of your room affects sound waves. Additionally, the space available determines how much seating would be appropriate.
Selecting Theater Seating
Once you’ve decided how much space you wish to use, you get to a really fun part. Choosing where you will lounge and immerse yourself in your theatre experience is almost as thrilling as sitting there. The variety of theater seating on the market is astounding, innovative and diverse.
Just a few fabulous options include:
- Heated seats
- Reclining chairs
- Cup holders
- Power headrests
- USB ports
- Curved rows
- Italian leather
- LED lighting
- Massage mechanisms
- Storage Compartments
As you can see, theater seating is nearly an art in itself. Let your imagination run wild and we will help you find the best options to accommodate your desires.
Immerse Yourself in Surround Sound
One of the best ways to truly immerse yourself in surround sound is with expertly installed speakers and acoustic treatments. Ceiling speakers, surround sound speakers and perfectly placed audio put you in the center of your cinematic experience. The placement of speakers should be a high priority when designing your room. At Synergy Integrated Systems, we use the latest technology and offer a room analysis to determine exactly where we should place each speaker for optimal audio. Likewise, we pay close attention to every speaker wire so that you don’t have to. Our goal is to embed your sound as seamlessly as possible.
Acoustic treatments are also a critical aspect to enhance sound quality. Mounted on walls and the ceiling, these sound dampening panels help absorb all that sound bouncing about. At Synergy Integrated Systems, we are authorized dealers of Kinetic noise control products. We address every aspect of your room’s acoustics and help you to boost acoustical performance economically.
Projection Systems are a Priority
Likely, the video display in your theater will be the biggest display in your home. Typically, we use a projector and projector screen. This 2-piece design allows you to have a display from 120” to 140” or even bigger if your area accommodates it.
Since this display is so large, you need a projection system with the highest resolution possible. In the past, this meant opting for 1080P resolution. Currently, ultra-high definition or 4K resolution is top-of-line. Ultra-high def has 4 times the resolution of a 1080P projector.
Types of screens abound as well. While you can still opt for a fixed frame screen with a 3” wide felt trim, you have other choices. For instance, newer screens can have almost zero edge. Similarly, many screens have an LED backlight. This shines on the wall which creates the illusion of the picture floating on the wall. While this concept may seem distracting, the low-level ambient light creates a greater contrast to the picture. Images look deeper than they would without the light. This ambient light also prevents eye fatigue.
Another fun choice is a retractable screen. With the touch of a button, control these motorized screens to open and close at will. You can even set a piece of art to display when you recess your screen.
Let There Be Lighting!
As mentioned, ambient light prevents eye fatigue. Lighting also goes a long way in setting the perfect ambiance for your in-home movie screening. Therefore, we pay close attention to lighting for home theater installation. Use options to make areas glow. Automate lighting to brighten or dim at appropriate moments. Ensure you can see what you need to see when you need to see it. We help you do it all!
The Awe of Automation
Just as you can automate your home, you can also use automation in your home theater. Once you sit down to relax, the last thing you want to do is hop up to dim the lights, adjust the sound or open the screen. Our systems offer options to control all aspects with one panel. We can embed these panels in the wall, among the seating or you can use a portable touch screen. Voice control is an automation option as well. Whichever device you choose, we will ensure the best performance possible.
Thrilling Themes and Ambiance
Finally, your theater is more than just a room. To make it even more enjoyable, it’s nice to add a little character to it. There are nearly limitless ideas for custom home theater theme options. Here are just a few to get you headed in a direction for yours.
- Drive-In – Make your theater appear outdoors in the comfort of indoors. LED starlight in the ceiling and classic drive-in décor makes this theme a fun option for all families.
- Classic Theater – Old-fashioned popcorn machines, curtains drawn back, red carpets and deep wood colors bring the past right into your present.
- Cave – Create your viewing area as a scene from a movie itself. Perhaps, it would be cool as Batman’s cave. Or, a cave from the Temple of Doom. Either way, it’s really neat to watch a movie in a comfy in-home cave!
- Sports Stadium – Pick a sport and design your theater room as if it’s a stadium for it. A concession-style bar in the back of the room, seating with cupholders and sports-themed wall décor puts you right in the middle of your favorite game.
- Think Starship Enterprise with a control panel and seating to emulate being at the helm of the ship.
- Creepy Concept – This is a great one for horror movie buffs. Select your favorite thriller and decorate your space accordingly.
We could write a blog just on these themes alone! If you still need a few ideas, check out some of our installation work in our gallery of projects.
Home Theater Installation Process
While we understand that much of this seems fun, it can also be a lot to process. Don’t worry, that’s why we’re here. We take on as little or as much of the planning details as you wish. We prefer for you to get to enjoy the fun, creative parts. Conversely, we don’t want you to fret over the technical parts of the installation process. Unless, you wish to.
At this point, you’re probably wondering: What does home theater installation include? At Synergy Integrated Systems, it includes basically what you want it to include. First, we begin with a free consultation. During this meeting, we determine what you want and how we can make that happen. We also develop a plan and provide you with upfront pricing so that you have a clear idea of cost and project scope.
Once we determine the perfect solution for your requirements and space, we sign contracts and begin our professional installation. Our expert team is fully-bonded, insured and covered under workers’ compensation. We are also a member of the Custom Electronic Design & Installation Association (CEDIA).
We don’t stop there. After our professional installation, we are still here for you. Our local, family-owned company is BBB-accredited and we pride ourselves on making our customers happy no matter what it takes. Providing both over-the-phone and in-person troubleshooting no matter the time of day, is part of how we do that. Furthermore, we provide open source access. Once a project is complete, we give each customer the non-compiled code of any system programming. Therefore, you can feel confident that you have options in the future for enhancements. Of course, we hope you’ll choose us!
Speaking of cost, our clients also wonder: Does a home theater add value? Making your home unique for potential buyers increases interest and makes it stand out. Plus, it gives your home value for YOU. That’s the kind of value we like! Enjoy it now with your family and, if you decide to sell at some point, you have increased your return on investment.
Keep in mind, we also have a showroom in North Raleigh. Visits are by appointment only so give us a call at 919-324-3592. Or, fill out our online form to schedule an appointment.